Thursday, September 6, 2018

Roasted Red Peppers With Pesto And Goat Cheese

Side dish is simple, yet impressive, or appetizers-red pepper with pesto and goat cheese is full of flavor and delicious addition to any meal.

This Roasted Red Peppers with goat cheese and Pesto inspired by my neighbor who makes them last month and brought some for me to try. He actually cooked on the grill and wow, it was amazing. I can't wait to make them for yourself. I want to try them on the grill, but honestly this last week here in Florida has become so brutally hot and humid the thought of standing over the grill  "testing " recipes are just not appealing to me. Bake them in the oven I work well together, and I got to enjoy the view while doing it.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 3 ounces goat cheese
  • fresh oregano (optional)
  • 8 baby red bell peppers
  • 2 heaping tablespoons prepared pesto (I love using Kirklands from Costco)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

DIRECTIONS :
  1. Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees.
  2. Slice mini bell peppers in half and remove the stems and seeds. Place in a large bowl (or large ziplock bag) and toss with pesto, olive oil and balsamic vinegar until the peppers are really covered.
  3. Line up the peppers on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Take the peppers and carefully add the goat cheese crumble to the pepper section.
  5. Place back into oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  6. Optional: Sprinkle chopped fresh oregano over the peppers before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment