Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mini Christmas Cakes #christmas #cake

I am much better at baking than I am in shopping, this might seem like a lot of work for Christmas right now, but I believe this is a valiant effort by comparison to the lack of imagination in gift buying Department. I have given some of the worst gifts for my family and friends, I never learned this year, even including a package of the dreaded socks!


To combat the horrible taste and lack of my imagination, I try to give a gift that can be eaten instead. Last year I gave out jars of Lorraine Liauw Apple, Blackberry and cinnamon Chutney and bucketfuls Nigella's sweet and salty Crunch nut bars, which were all very tasty and can be tailored to each recipient. Those who do not do not want chocolate (a few exist, apparently) enjoy chutney along with some cheese and crackers while people from my own ilk really enjoy bar nuts. So once again I'm in the kitchen than the shops, it is for the best trust me!!

INGREDIENTS :
  • 1.5kg Marzipan
  • 2-3 tbsp Brandy or boiled and cooled water
  • 9in Square Rich Fruit Cake (I used Delia's Christmas Cake)
  • Icing sugar for dusting
  • 3tbsp Apricot jam
  • 1.5kg Sugarpaste (I use Dr. Oetker's Ready to Roll Icing)
  • Red food colouring (I used Sugarflair Christmas Red)
  • Small amount of royal icing
  • 2 mtrs Red satin ribbon 15mm wide

METHODS :
  1. Classic Christmas cakes baked in rectangular cans Delia, cooled completely and then wrap it with greaseproof paper until necessary. Cut into cubes (ish) nine events with a very sharp knife.
  2. To achieve a better finish, changing each cake upside down, brush with apricot jam boiled and filtered. Roll out the marzipan on the surface clean, lightly dusted with icing sugar into a circle 8-10 cm thick and 4 mm. Cover each cake with marzipan, fine and slender. Brush the marzipan brandy or water boiled and cooled before applying a layer of sugar paste. Roll out white sugar paste on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar into a circle 8-10 cm thick and 4 mm. 
  3. Includes cake, smooth with a cake smoother and trim. Leave overnight to harden.
  4. Colors 70 g white sugar paste with red food coloring, Knead until no marble.
  5. Roll the same number of red and white sugar paste into long sausages 3 mm thick, fluffy cake is best for this job. Red and white rope twist together and gently rotate as one, give one long rope line of candy. 
  6. 6 cm pieces and shape into a candy cane. Leaving the company for 1-2 hours. When the mini cakes and candy cane company, wrap each cake with satin ribbon and secure it with a small drop of Royal icing.
  7. Fix candy sticks to a position with a small amount of Royal icing and let dry. These mini Christmas cake can be made up to two weeks in advance and very pretty wrapped in clear plastic with satin ribbon bows secured the overall package petite. Now which would you prefer, or a package of socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment