Thursday, September 6, 2018

Christmas Sangria #christmas #drink

I couldn't wait any longer to share this amazing recipe for Christmas Sangria.  Over Halloween, we spent the weekend together with my husband's family, who you may remember from our family Halloween pictures.  So much fun!  While we were there my sister-in-law introduced me to the world of Christmas white wine Sangria.  For some reason I always thought that Christmas Sangria can only be made with red wine.  Wow I was wrong!  Sangria our Christmas season fresh fruit combines with Mirassou Sauvignon Blanc, which is my absolute favorite wines ever!


I love fresh fruit in Sangria.  It not only looks very pretty, but it felt so good at the end.  The first glass is typically down quicker so I can get to the fresh fruit at the bottom of the glass.  Sangria this Christmas have cranberry, pomegranate, sprigs rosemary, sliced apples and oranges, which combine to create beautiful colors of Christmas.  Avery and Riley, who under foot while I was making this Christmas Sangria and watching in awe when I open a pomegranate.  The trick to getting to the pomegranate seeds is to cut it all the way in the middle of a pomegranate without slicing through.  Then you will want to turn around and separate the two parts.  The seeds will be exposed in parts.  

Ingredients :
  • 1 apple sliced into chunks
  • 2 cans 8 oz cranberry lime seltzer
  • 1 cup white grape juice
  • 1/2 pomegranate
  • 1-2 oranges cut into slices
  • 6 oz cranberries
  • 2 bottles Mirassou Sauvignon Blanc
  • sprigs of rosemary


Instructions :
  1. Add the pieces of apple, pomegranate, orange slices and cranberries to jar.
  2. Pour the 2 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc Mirassou over fresh fruit and refrigerate overnight or at least 4-6 hours.
  3. Just before serving add the seltzer lime cranberry juice and white wine.
  4. Garnish each glass with a sprig of Rosemary and orange slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment